FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
June 10, 2020
Ben Loyola Announces Support of James City Supervisor Sue Sadler and Williamsburg Councilman Benny Zhang
Today Ben Loyola is proud to announce that he has been endorsed by James City County Supervisor Sue Sadler and Williamsburg City Councilman Benny Zhang.
“I am honored to have the support of these two great local government leaders on Virginia’s Peninsula,” Ben Loyola said. “Sue Sadler is a great leader for James City County and Benny Zhang has been a truly exceptional public servant in the City of Williamsburg. Williamsburg is tough territory for conservatives, but Benny Zhang won a great race and has made this great and historic city proud!”
Benny Zhang was first elected to the Williamsburg City Council in 2016. He was the youngest council member and the first Asian American ever elected in Williamsburg. Sue Sadler was first elected to the James City Council Board of Supervisors in 2015 when she unseated a longtime incumbent. She was unopposed in her 2019 reelection.
Supervisor Sadler and Councilman Zhang join a long list of elected officials from across the Second District who have endorsed Ben Loyola for Congress.
Other Peninsula leaders who have previously endorsed Ben Loyola include:
- Former Delegate Brenda Pogge
- Former Candidate for Delegate Colleen Holcomb
- York County Supervisor Jeff Wassmer
- York County Clerk of Court Kristen Nelson
- Colonial Soil and Water Conservation Board Member George Clark
- Former Colonial Soil and Water Conservation Board Candidate Mary Leedom
- Wayne Holcomb of Poquoson
- Bob Heffley of Hampton
- Noel West of York County
- Jan Jordan of York County
- Lou Call of Newport News
Ben Loyola is also supported by:
- Former Congressman Scott Rigell
- Former Congressman Randy Forbes
- Former State Senator Jeff McWaters
- Senator Bill DeSteph
- Senator John Cosgrove
- Delegate Glenn Davis
- Virginia Beach Clerk of Court Tina Sinnen
- Virginia Beach Treasurer Leigh Henderson
- Six sitting Republican City and County Republican Committee Chairs in the Second District
- And more than 50 other great leaders and patriots.
For a full list of elected officials, former candidates, and other grassroots leaders who have endorsed Ben Loyola’s campaign, go to www.benloyola.com/endorsements.
Ben Loyola and his family fled Communist Cuba for America when he was just two years old. He gave back to his country through 30 years of service in the United States Navy, retiring at the rank of Captain. As the founder and owner of Loyola Enterprises, Ben has continued to provide vital support to our military, equipping them with state-of-the-art simulation, cyber security, information technology, and knowledge management for training, analysis, and operations. Ben is once again answering the call to service.
As Congressman, Ben will protect the American Dream that has been so central to his own story and deliver results for the 2nd District. For more information about Ben Loyola and his strong grassroots campaign, please go to www.benloyola.com.